Monday, May 17, 2010

Recipe #7: Vegetarian Spinach Ravioli

Hey everyone!  I hope some of you have tried these recipes.  PLEASE leave them on the comments if you have!  I want to see how they turned out for you.
So I got a request to start posting some vegetarian recipes.  I finally got my faaaaaavorite vegetables (carrots and green peppers) so look out for more vegetarian recipes in the near future.  In the meantime, here's one of the best vegetarian recipes I've ever made.  My dad actually gave me this recipe and we love to cook it.  Good luck and happy cooking!


Ingredients:
2 bags of frozen ravioli
1 bag of fresh spinach or 1 package of frozen spinach (I prefer the fresh stuff because it has a better taste, but frozen works just fine)
2 teaspoons of minced garlic (I used jarred garlic but feel free to press your own)
EVOO as needed (about a quarter cup throughout the dish)
Parmesean and/or Romano cheese(s)


Preparation: If you have fresh spinach, you want to rinse and de-stem it first.  Dump the whole bag in a colander and rinse off the leaves.  Keep the bag, because once you rinse, you need to de-stem.  Just sift through the spinach and rip off all the stems you can find because they make the spinach taste bitter.
Also, cook the ravioli first.  Follow the cooking directions on the bag, and don't forget to rinse.


Cooking:
Heat the garlic up in about 2 tablespoons of EVOO on high in a wok or other giant frying pan.  Once that garlic starts to pop, turn the heat down to medium-high and dump the spinach in (it's okay if there's still a little water; it'll boil away).  Add a bit more EVOO.  Sautee the spinach until it starts to wilt (the spinach is going to turn dark green and stringy and take up much less of the pan).  Then pour in your ravioli (again, don't worry about the extra water because it boils away).  Add about 3-5 tablespoons of EVOO and sautee until the spinach is completely wilted.  Top with parmesean and/or romano and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment