Hey ladies and gents! Making salad dressings is one of my favorite things to do, especially during the summer. I love to experiment with spices in oil and vinegar to make a nice, light dressing for my salads. But one of the problems I always face is trying to get the oil and vinegar to mix right. They always separate! Then I have to spend 10 minutes trying to shake them together before I put them on my salad and it's just a huge pain. I found a recipe on the internet that I altered a bit and I really enjoy it. I hope you do, too!
I only made a little bit to start; this recipe made enough dressing for two large salads. It's easy to multiply for a bigger container.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Ingredients:
2 teaspoons of brown spicy mustard
a little bit of water
4 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of white vinegar
1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
oregano, basil, and cilantro flakes
Procedure:
Mix the mustard with a tiny bit of water to thin it out so it mixes with the oil and vinegar. Add the rest of the ingredients, and stir until mixed. Refrigerate overnight before use.
What I liked: This dressing tastes great. It's light because of the olive oil and vinegar, and spicy because of the mustard. This dressing also doesn't take a lot of time to prepare. It's also extremely versatile. You can put basically anything on the salad, and this dressing will taste great on top.
Room for improvement: The original recipe for this dressing used red wine vinegar, but I didn't have any. I think the red wine vinegar might provide a sweeter contrast for the spice of the mustard.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment