Friday, May 14, 2010

Recipe #5: Spicy Roasted Potatoes

Howdy ladies and gents!  Tis summertime again (even though it's 40 degrees outside my house right now) and time to fire up those gas grills!  I did for dinner last night.  I made grilled salmon and these spicy roasted potatoes.  You can adjust them to your level of spiciness; my mom hates spices so I only put a little bit on.  Here you go!


Ingredients:
3 potatoes (for 2 people)
Pam
olive oil
cayenne pepper
salt (optional)


Procedure:
Heat up the grill and one of these sprayed with a bit of Pam.  Inside, slice up your potatoes into roughly .25" slices.  Put them in a bowl.  Add enough olive oil to cover the potatoes lightly and sprinkle as much cayenne pepper as you're comfortable eating.  I didn't do this, but you can also add a bit of salt.  Grill the potatoes until they're golden brown and cooked through.




I really really loved these.  I wish I'd made more, honestly.  The cayenne pepper replaced the salt for me and actually made the potatoes taste like fire-grilled potatoes.  Especially since I prepared this on the grill, the cayenne pepper really had the time to roast into the potatoes.  I imagine that the salt would just enhance the flavor of the cayenne pepper.  All over delicious.  The only thing I regret is burning a few of them (it was freezing outside and I forgot the grill was on, haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment