Howdy ladies and gents! I made this recipe for dinner tonight. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:
2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into short thin strips
1 teaspoon garlic
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 10.75-oz can of cream of mushroom soup
1 10.75-oz can of chicken broth (I used chicken broth from a box and measured it in the soup can)
3/4 cup water (I filled up about half the can with water and dumped that in)
1 bag of frozen mixed veggies (carrots, peas, corn, and green beans)
1 cup of uncooked white rice
1 chicken bouillon cube
salt and pepper to taste
Procedure:
Sauté the garlic in the oil in the same pan as Recipe #1 until the garlic starts popping. Turn the heat on the burner down and brown the chicken on each side. Once you can barely see any pink, add the rest of the ingredients. Put the timer on for 25 minutes. Make sure you stir it often because the rice will stick if you don't.
What I liked about this dish: It's super hearty, like pot pie, without all the calories of the crust. It also stays well in the fridge.
Room for improvement: This really wasn't the dish I was going for when I started out. I wanted more of a fancier risotto-type dish but I ended up with this recipe. There also isn't a whole lot of flavor. I think you could improve it by adding some white wine instead of water and a little plastic container of chopped mushrooms instead of the bag of frozen mixed veggies.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment